Sunday, December 16, 2007

bookcase collapse chaos theory

new rule; when you wake and your goosedown pillow feels like a bag of bricks you may want to slow down with the drinking. there is a nice Filipino lady at work with sagging cheeks that would say "GOODNESS!" at that image. for real though kids stay away from mixing hot buttered rum with...well, anything. its so tasty and makes you so warm, but its like taking a chisel to your temples.
so moving on with the story portion here, it was friday evening, unassumingly drab as ever. i went to a friend's house then to kezar to watch the warriors play and eventually beat the lakers in the last seconds of the fourth. i celebrated with some cold lager. afterward i went to an ugly sweater party [let me just say that we need to come up with a new alternative for the fun holiday party] and consumed two small cups of hot buttered rum. it didn't do the drunk trick so i poured myself a double of bushmills. as i sat to sip my drink my ride arrived to pick me up. yes i drank the whole damned double at once and yes i'm stupid for doing so.
the rest of the night was blurry but i remember that i drank a lot more. more pints, more shots, more silly me. anyway i somehow mustered the good sense to go home at 1:02 am. thank the lord i didn't stay out any longer. i got home and blacked out, i have no idea what happened.
when i woke up my beanie was still on my head, my collared shirt and sweatshirt were still on but i had on no pants and no underwear, just my mismatched socks down below, the junk flapping in the wind. i imagined when i woke up that i had probably been sleepwalking as i'm liable to do when i blackout, that or i got raped. just kidding. i looked around my room and everything was in disarray. all the books in my middle shelf had shifted down and lay spines up, the wooden shelf sunken and caved in . the bookcase had been shifted about fifteen inches over and everything had fallen over that was on top, including an Asian flask my mother gave me that was now shattered all over the floor.
all this was a little disturbing, waking half-clothed-semi-nude a huge mess of my room and then the pain. this is the sickest i've ever gotten from a hangover, easy. i hurled, which was strange for me. so i was despondent to the temptations of my friends urging me to get up and go. i stayed in bed like a worthless piece of shit and tried to find the soft spot in my bag of rocks pillow.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad I was there to witness your very "Fyunnnny REEEEEeETArdation."


Dude...when are you gonna release "Crustacian Sensation Across The Nation." Literally, everyone has been asking me about that.